Re: Closeout of a Low-level Waste Landfill

For the Sheffield, IL LLW site you might want to contact David Ed,
IL Department of Nuclear Safety at (217) 786-6362.  He monitors the
court agreement and closure plan agreement between the State of
Illinois (who owns the site) and US Ecology (who operated it).
The site is in the initial 10 year closure and monitoring period.
In 1998 the state gets the site.  I pray it isn't given to me
as RSO.

Robert Lommler
Radiation Safety Officer
Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety