Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of Public Fear of Radiation

>Somehow this logic does not survive when it comes to radiation (or some
>other nasties that they're scared to death of).

At Los Alamos, there is a fruit tree on the site of the original (wartime)
technical area.  The fuit of this tree contains detectable amounts of Pu,
though eating all the fruit from this tree would result in less than 1 mrem
CEDE.  I ask myself: knowing everything that I know, how would I feel about
eating the fruit from this tree?  In considering this question I have come
to realise that I am not 100% rational.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)