Re: ALARA Cost/Benefit -Reply

At 02:01 PM 10/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I've seen $1000 per person-rem ($10 per pervert), I've seen $10,000 per
>person-rem.  I've also seen in excess of $1 M per life saved from a
>remediatiion project...Take yer pick.  I believe the $1K is at Rocky Flats
>and the $10K is at Los Alamos.

Does this mean that radiation from Los Alamos is ten times as bad as the
radiation from Rocky Flats?  Or does it have something to do with the cost
of living (dying?) there.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think the $1k comes from an old Nureg. can't remember which one.  The nuc
plant I worked at used $15k, I think.  I think this is pretty typical.
Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov