Compensated Ion Chamber

The University of Florida Training Reactor is looking for a
compensated ion chamber for use in the reactor.  The current
detector, which has died after almost 40 years of operation, is a
Westinghouse Model WL 6377 magnesium alloy, boron lined, ionization
chamber.  A Westinghouse Model 6937 aluminum cased ion chamber could
be used since we have a compensated ion chamber that has been used in
the uncompensated model and that can be switched to compensated mode.
 We have not had much luck finding a cheap replacement.  If anyone
has a spare ion chamber like the Westinghouse models listed above or
one with similar characteristics, please contact me.

Don Munroe
Radiation Control Officer
352-392-7359
Don@pliny.ehs.ufl.edu