Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of P -Reply

>> Bill, that seems to be changing all the time, with the public mood
>> approaching the same level of skepticism as found when addressing
>> radiation and hazards (all in the same breath).
>
>I wonder if it's the public, or the antis that are directing public
>thought?  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov

We are also neglecting the media (print, tv, movies, etc.).  They are
undoubtably the primary and most significant driving force in public
thought.  Perhaps more resources should be spent on educating journalists
and providing easily accessible resources for factual information?

That thoguht brings up another question: How many facilities have open
enough policies so that a physicist or engineer would feel free to talk
to the media compared to how many require the media to contact a PR person
first (or only that person)?  If this is the way you facility works do the
local media have a list of technical people they can contact for information?

Michael Baker ... baker@groves.neep.wisc.edu