Cellular Phones and EPDs

Radsafers:

I just discovered that my Siemens Electronic Personal Dosimeters (EPD-2s)
are rather sensitive to the electronic and magnetic fields (H field would
be my guess) emanating from cellular telephones.  One began alarming while
I was making a call this afternoon (I was three or four feet away from the
EPD).  I was able to confirm my suspicions by getting the second EPD to
alarm by placing the phone (with a call in progress) closer to it.  The EPD
was only "under the influence" of the phone's EM fields for about five
seconds.  However, both shallow and deep dose values increased by many
hundreds of millirem.

Do any of you have data regarding E and H fields associated with cell
phones at varying distances (and typical frequency ranges)?  I would like
to compare that information with the electromagnetic compatibility data
attributed to the Siemens EPDs.

Your assistance is appreciated!

-Erick Lindstrom

 Erick Lindstrom