Re: Radionuclide impurities in Therapeutic Dosages

At 06:01 PM 30/10/96 -0600, you wrote:

>     A colleague has enquired as to what levels of radionuclide impurities
>     would be acceptable in radiopharmaceuticals of therapeutic dosage
>     magnitudes.  An alternate way of phrasing his question would be "what
>     level of unwanted absorbed dose or equivalent dose is acceptable due
>     to contaminating trace impurities in a radiopharmaceutical?"

IMHO you are likely to find the chemical restrictions are a larger
impediment than the radiological restrictions in the majority of cases.

Although I am open to correction on this.

  Anthony Barber
  Queensland University of Technology
  a.barber@qut.edu.au
  61 7 3864 3566