Re: Cyclotron/Accelerator Monitoring Information

At 16:06 03.11.1996 -0600, you wrote:
>I am interested in broadening my information knowledge base regarding
>cyclotron/accelerator monitoring issues. I am specifically interested
>in the following:
>
>1. Issues / concerns with respect to both personnel and area
>    monitoring
>
>2. Energy spectra and radiation types to be measured
>
>3. Typical exposure levels measured around and within a typical
>     facility
>
>4. Normal complement of individuals monitored
>
>My only involvement with this type of monitoring was when I was
>involved with the State of Florida and assessed the medical cyclotron
>located in Miami Beach, FL, but that was back in the 1971-75 time
>frame, and much has changed since then.
>
>I would appreciate any information and will be happy to call you to
>discuss these questions. Please e-mail me at my address listed below.
>
>Thanks for your assistance.
>
>Sandy Perle
>Director, Technical Operations
>ICN Dosimetry Division
>Office: (800) 548-5100 Ext. 2306
>Fax: (714) 668-3149
>
>E-Mail: sandyfl@ix.netcom.com

Do not forget, that various types of shielding might become activated and
therefore radioactive. We measured once a sample from a special
low-temperature melting alloy which had been used in shielding and we had a
long menue of different activation products. Unfortunately we were not
further concerned with the question of doses to staff, so I cannot give you
more information.

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7