Tritium Bioassay Programs

I am interested in doing a straw poll of University/Research
Instititutions who are using tritium in biomedical research. Please
reply directly to me and I will send a summary to Radsafe at
completion.  My email address is Michelle.Wakelam@ADM.monash.edu.au

I would greatly appreciate any information with regard to the following
questions:

1/ How many tritium users do you have?

2/ What sorts of activities do they use?

3/ What sort of tritiated substances are they using?

4/ Do you have a tritium in urine bioassay program?

Please Answer questions 5 to 8  if you answered YES to Q.4
5/ At what activity usage level do you monitor people?

6/ Do you get results detectable above background?

7/ Please give an indication of the typical activity levels in urine
samples.

8/ Please give a summary of your test and analysis regime.

9/ Do you routinely find contamination in tritium usage areas?

10/ If Yes to Q.9 in what sorts of areas and what sorts of
contamination levels.

11/Any further information??

I would be greatly appreciative of any information that radsafers
care to send to me.

Regards

Michelle Wakelam

Michelle Wakelam
Occupational Hygienist and
Assistant Radiation Protection Officer
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
Monash University,
Wellington Road,
Clayton, Victoria, 3168
Australia