Re: MDL and Dose Effects - opinionated response

Good Day,

Once again I appear to be missing something. If I wear my personal dosimeter
to measure dose received as a consequence of my occupation, including annual
company sponsored X-ray exams, that is occupational dose.  But if I get a
dose from the same exam the day after downsizing, I should not measure this
dose to my person.

If there is truly a linear relationship down to, and perhaps below, zero
dose; then dose be dose be dose and every little wavicle counts no matter
which way it was going.

Or is the occupational, not really personal, dosimeter merely to determine
who to fine or who to sue. After all if you don't measure the medical dose,
it can't be an overdose. Or as one other cynical collegue put it,
occupational dose is bad dose, it causes cancer. Natural dose and medical
dose is good dose.

Or am I just too cynical?

Regis A. Greenwood, C H P
ragreen1@nwohio.com