Re: Scope of DOT Regulation

In a message dated 96-11-06 10:33:01 EST, Keith Welch wrote:

<< Folks with direct experience here might correct me, but the training I've
 had has led me to believe that "commerce" is very broadly defined when it
 comes to hazmat shipping.  I'd be very cautious about shipping RAM under a
 "non-commerce" exception.

I'm no legal expert, but I agree with Keith Welch, one should be very wary of
too narrowly defining "commerce;"  the term has been known to encompass a
wide variety of activities.

Barbara L. Hamrick
Los Angeles County Radiation Management
BLHamrick@aol.com