Re: Single Channel

Generally a bit tricky to specify.  Usually we will look around 300 Kev and
below, but it is a messy proposition for smallish NaI probes due to multiple
peaks, compton scattering, and poor resolution.

In these cases, I suggest you "dial in" a single channel window using a uranium
source of some type that approximates what you are looking for (maximizing your
instruments response to the uranium source).  Use this setup to screen your
samples.  If you find a hot sample, you can then use a GeLi system to
characterize it more accurately.  For complete characterization, you may have
to send samples to a laboratory for full radiochemical analysis.

Jim Barnes, CHP
RSO
Rocketdyne; Rockwell