RE: 86Rb bigger issue -Reply

Rhonda,

I would like to second Emelie's comments.  I have spent many hours
contacting other power plants for solutions to radiological problems and
data/lessons learned on high dose jobs.  Why reinvent the wheel and fail
to benefit from experiences of others?  It seems to me that our workers
and companies are well served by sharing our experience.  I think that
use of this bulletin board for questions like the one you asked is just as
appropriate and relevant to promoting health physics as academic
debates about LNT and educating the public.  The colleagues who were
good enough to answer your question have benefitted real people, your
workers, right now!   What should take priority over this for individuals in
our profession?  Let's take it another step and post projects we are
working on so we can collaborate and provide our workers and
employers with the most effective and cost efficient services and
solutions available.

>>> Lamothe, Emelie <lamothee@aecl.ca> 11/15/96 10:48am >>>
Rhonda

Rhonda, you should not apologize for posting your question or hesitate to
do so in the future.  As colleagues, we should be supporting each other
and discussing issues, concerns, triumphs and problems.

With all of my years in this business, and prior years in teaching, public
affairs and lobbying, the one think I learnt (real early) and now insisted
upon when meeting with various groups is that there is no such thing as
a silly or stupid question.  There is usually a valid reason behind it, be it
thirst for knowledge, concern or curiosity.

If we can't get advice, thoughts, discussion, confirmation or "heads-up,
something is coming down from above", etc.  from our fellow radsafers,
then why is the list here?

Hang in there.  Cheers.

Emelie Lamothe lamothee@aecl.ca