From: radsafe
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RadWorker Training
Date: Monday, November 18, 1996 8:39AM

     Radsafers,

     We are being requested to provide RadWorker training in languages
     other than English. I won't go into the reasons for this request here.
     Our response has been NO, we won't do this. Our primary reason for
     this response is that if we teach the class, and give the exam in
     another language, and the signs/postings/RWPs etc. are in English,
     someone could pass RadWorker and still have no idea what the signs and
     postings mean, and therefore may pose a threat to himself and/or
     others.

     I have been asked to help defend this response. I would like to hear
     from RADSAFERS on this topic. The information I would like is:

     1. What type of facility/site are you, e.g. reactor, DOE, academic,
     private industry, etc.

     2. Have you been asked to conduct RadWorker training in a language
     other than English? If so, how did you respond and why?

     3. If you do teach RadWorker in another language, what language(s)? Do
     you then require bilingual postings/signs/RWPs etc.?

     Please email me _directly_ at:  steven.rima@doegjpo.com

     I will compile the results and post a summary to RADSAFE in the near
     future. Thanks for your input.

     Steven D. Rima, CHP
     President, DATUM Enterprises, LC
     steven.rima@doegjpo.com