Re: Dose from Immersion in a Cloud

At 12:11 PM 11/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I know that I have seen references to calculating the dose from
>immersion n a readioactive cloud.  Is that in a NUREG or Reg Guide.
>Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

A good reference is Reg Guide 1.109, which addresses offsite dose
calculations, but the basis (assumptions) and dose factors are usable for a
variety of applications.

Also, you will find submersion dose addressed in ICRP 26 and factors in
ICRP 30 for noble gases, including infinite and finite cloud geometries.

Incidentally, the dose factors in RG 1.109 and ICRP 30 agree for infinte
cloud geometry.

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
(415) 926-3793     bflood@slac.stanford.edu
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.