Publications

          I was surprised by the large number of requests for the
          paper concerning radon emanation into water distribution
          systems from radium adsorbed pipe scale.  One radsafer noted
          that unless a paper is published in the Journal, Health
          Physics, many of the radsafers will not see it.
          It may be worthwhile for researchers that subscribe to the
          radsafe listserv to routinely list their recent
          publications that may be of interest to the radsafe
          community, but may not be readily available.

          This would be especially helpful if the researchers were
          willing to send reprints out of their recent publications
          that may be of interest to the radsafe community.

          In addition to the pipe scale paper-------

     1)     "Radium-bearing pipe scale deposits:Implications for
          national waterborne radon sampling methods" American
          Journal of Public Health, Vol 85: pages 567-570, 1995.

           We have recently published 3 other papers that may be of
          interest to the members of the listserv.  They are
          not readily obtainable.  If interested in receiving a
          reprint of any of these 4 papers, please respond to me
          directly (bill-field@uiowa.edu) an I will get 1 or all out
          to you.

     2) "Intercomparison of Waterborne Rn222 Collection Methods:
          Professional versus Homeowner Collection", Ground Water
          Monitoring and Remediation Vol 16(4): pages 106-112, 1996

     3) "Occupational Exposure of Water-Plant Operators to High
          Concentrations of Radon-222 Gas", Journal of Occupational
          and Environmental Medicine Vol 38(8): pages 759-764, 1996

     4) "Residential Radon-222 Exposure and Lung Cancer: Exposure
         Assessment Methodology", Journal of Exposure Analysis and
          Environmental Epidemiology  Vol 6(2): pages 181-195, 1996.

          Paper #4 examines the methodological dosimetry problems
          in case control radon/lung cancer epidemiology studies and
          addresses how we are accounting for them in an on-going,
          population-based, case-control study of radon-222 and lung
          cancer in Iowa.

         Best Regards, Bill Field

          R. William Field, Ph.D.
          Department of Preventive Medicine