Re: The Jungle

Bob Flood wrote:
 If they (environmentalists) want credit for the things they do,
> they should accept the appropriate credit (good or bad) for everything they
> do.

The problem is there is no mechanism for the environmentalists to reap
the consequences of the bad thnigs they do.  They are not elected
representatives.  They do no produce a product that, if bad, would not
be bought.  There is no way society can make them pay for their
mistakes.  It is society that pays.  We have a situation with
environmentalists that is unlike any that has come before and we haven't
learned how to deal satisfactorily with it yet.  It was originally
thought that government would play the part of overseer.  But government
is part of the problem and apparently has not done a good job.  My
concern is that we now have the environmentalists overseeing the
government.  Next we will have organizations overseeing the
environmentalists.  Then still other organizations overseeing the
overseers.  That is not the way to do it.

We must figure out how to have accountable, enlightened, individual-
responsibility back in the world.  Then we could return to the good old
days of the private and the public without endless overseeing.

But, as someone said, society likes what it likes.  So, I guess we'll
have to wait until society wants things nuclear again.  Al Tschaeche
xat@inel.gov CHP, free thinker, lover of beauty and crisp thought (are
these enough qualifications to judge my abilities Franz?).