Post maintenance survey of X-ray machines

     I have been assigned the project of writing a procedure that covers
     the post maintenance survey of a X-ray machine used to screen incoming
     personal items similar to those used in airports.  Since I have worked
     in a nuclear power station for the last 26 years, my experience with
     X-ray machines is limited (get a chest X-ray occasionally), and
     ancient (what little training I had was in the late '60s).
     I would appreciate being directed toward information that contains the
     requirements for surveys of X-ray machines such as instrumentation,
     maximum radiation levels, distances, general techniques and helpful
     hints.

     I can be reached at E-mail HMercer@email.fpl.com
     or by Fax at (561) 467-7308

     Thanks in advance

     Doc Mercer
     Health Physics Technical Section Supervisor
     St. Lucie Nuclear Plant
     (561) 467-7302

     Standard disclaimers - my ideas and only my ideas