Shipping Packages Again

Once Again we have a question about shipping small radioactive packages.

The University of Iowa would like to know what types of shipping
containers other Universities are using to ship (by Fed Ex) Type A
quantities of radioactive materials in compliance with current DOT
regulations.  We occasionally (2 or 3 times are year) need ship a White I
or Yellow II quantity.  Liquid volumes are usually less than 25 ml and
are usually shipped on dry ice.  Very occasionally we ship a sealed
source.  Where do you get your boxes (fiberboard) and Styrofoam liners?
Have they been tested according to DOT regs?  Do you have certification
documents for these boxes?  If a vendor such as NEN, Amersham, ICN,
(sorry vendors - can’t list you all) has allowed you to reuse their
containers - who is your contact and what is their phone #?  Where do you
purchase your security seals?  Any information is very much appreciated!

Joey Michael
University of Iowa
Health Protection Office
JSMichael@Juno.com