Re: O'Leary, plutonium & Vietnam

One news report identified the material retreived  as Po.
At 80 grams the missing Pu sounds suspiciously like a PuBe
neutron source.  As such I suspect that this isotopic mixture is not
particularly useful as 'bomb' material.

Given that a war was at their doorstep I suspect the folks
picking the material up did not have a lot of free time to do Q.A. checks.

As an aside, the TRIGA fuel that was retreived eventually went  to Hanford
and was used in a TRIGA reactor there.

--
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future