Neutron dosimetry using Panasonic UD802

We are investigating the feasibility of replacing our current Kodak NTA
personnel neutron monitoring system with a system making use of Panasonic
UD802 badges. The scale of our neutron monitoring operation does not
really justify the more expensive solutions of Cr-39 or specially
designed albedo TLDs such as the Panasonic UD809.

I would appreciate any comments and experiences.

(Most of the people we currently monitor make use of AmBe sources and our
monitoring with regards to nuclear reactors is limited to one
experimental reactor only.)

Du Toit Volschenk
Section Head
Radiation Protection Service