RE: 10 CFR 835 and NRRPT

Good morning all,

While I agree with the *intent* of this request, I don't think it is
appropriate to regulatory language.  How am I to demonstrate to a regulator
that I have "encouraged" my personnel to participate in the NRRPT?  The
language is just a bit too open to interpretation for my taste.

Possibly a better approach would be to say "registration by the NRRPT shall be
considered as demonstration of adequate knowledge of the principles of
radiation protection."  It doesn't preclude non-NRRPT personnel from other
demonstrations, and it gives the NRRPT registered technician acknowledgement.

Jim Barnes; CHP, RPT
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne Division; Boeing North American