Re: NRRPT

Mace Davis is to be congratulated on passing the rigorous NRRPT examination;
it is evidence of qualification and accomplishment.  Like a professional
engineer's license, NRRPT Registration and ABHP certification demonstrate to
the public and to peers that the individual has demonstrated a certain level
of technical capability which has been recognized by their peers and also
has met requirements relating to ethics.  On a material level, many
employers require registration/certification, sometimes along with degree(s)
and other experience for certain positions; others will pay
certfied/registered persons more.

In my experience, those who question the value of NRRPT/ABHP
registration/certification are typically those who have been unsuccessful at
achieving this goal, or who cannot pass the rigorous examinations.  Thus
there is a measure of sour grapes, perhaps, that is not typically shared by
personnal departments at most organizations.

Mace Davis is to be congratulated on passing the rigorous NRRPT examination;
it is evidence of qualification and accomplishment,and should be a source of
justifiable and considerable pride.

Ron Kathren, CHP

  have a great deal of   >There has been some debate among my coworkers as
to the value of NRRPT