RE: HP Response to phone calls

     Mr. COUILLARD asks "what drives the response" for postings, work group
     procedures, etc., involving the concept of "CONTACT HP PRIOR TO ENTRY"

     IMHO, it's worth posting.  My experience, having been to about a third
     of the power plants in the US and several US Department of Energy
     facilities, is that this is generally handled one of two ways:

     1.  If it is a formal sign-off on the procedure, an HPT signs it to
     indicate they've been informed.
     2.  If it is a posting or just a warning on a work permit, when the
     workers call HP, it goes into the HP's working log, e.g., "I&C
     indicated start of Integrated Leak Rate Test."

     Remember this is just an anecdotal generalization.  If you don't do it
     that way, please refute, but don't flame.

     V/R
     George R. Cicotte
     george_cicotte@health.ohio.gov.us