RE: America's future energy source?

>``The distribution of methane in a hydrate reservoir can be
>enormous...we had assumed that most of the methane was as
>hydrate and not as bubbles,'' said Dickens.

In this world where economical criteria make the rule, this could be the end of the nuclear era, because a gas plant costs about a half as a nuclear plant for the same power. BUT: burning the methane will result in a lot of carbon dioxide. The methane itself is a greenhouse gas. Here our traditional enemy the ecologists have to sustain the nuclear power!

Best regards,
Cristian Nicolau
cnicolau@interlog.com