Re: America's future energy source?

Eric Denison wrote

>All that CO2 should be metabolized by plants, which have done a superb job of
>cleaning it up thus far.  After all, there haven't been substantial changes
>in the atmospheric composition tables lately, have there?  This assumes, of
>course, that we can get people to stop burning down the forests...

I'm afraid there _has_ been a substantial change in the CO2 content of the
atmosphere.  Go and have a look at:

http://www.meto.umd.edu/~owen/CHPI/IMAGES/co2-tmp2.html as an example of
what has happened to the CO2 levels since industrialisation.

For many radsafers I'm sure this will be a clear pointer to the future role
of nuclear power generation.

Michael Williamson
(m.williamson@mailbox.uq.edu.au )

Radiation Protection Adviser

Occupational Health & Safety Unit
University of Queensland
Brisbane 4072
Australia

ph +61 7 3365 4504
fax +61 7 3365 1577

The opinions expressed in this communication are those of the writer:
unless explicitly stated they should not be taken as representing the
official policies or views of the University of Queensland.