Subject: Re: America's future energy source?
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    2/3/97 11:35 AM

 I use electric heating with a heat pump and it is little more
expensive than gas heating, even though we pay 12.5 cents/Kw-h (after a
certain level, it drops to 4.5 cents, which is effectively what we pay
for heating). It wouldn't be hard to live with this and I suspect that
after a hundred years or so, we will all be heating electrically.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260