NRRPT and RCT Core equivlancy

I posed the question: Do you give credit in your training program for Techs who
are RRPTs?

I received responses from six DOE sites and four do not require RRPTs to take
initial RCT Core training or evaluation and one does not require RRPTs to take
initial or requalification on core objectives.

I heard from three power plants, all of whom do not require registered transient
technicians to take core objectives.  I had two responders state that "It is
common practice in the nuclear power field to not require RRPT to take the
fundamental exams".

I am still interested in additional input from Radsafers.  Please respond to me
privately.  I will update the response if additional information is sent to me.

Ellen Hochheiser
These comments are my own, they do not represent those of my friends, family
and definitely my company and DOE.