Re: H-3 in desiccant (Drierite)?

I just read, that Dave Gilmore stated that Drierite is CaSO4 and insoluble.
Then the measurement should be even easier. Suspend a small amount in water
- I think that grinding will not be necessary and might even result in loss
of tritium - and the HTO adsorbed on the CaSO4 will soon be extracted to the
water or at least in equilibrium with the H2O of the water. Then mix with a
gel forming cocktail which can take up the amount of water you used for
extraction. The internal standard for efficiency determination would still
be necessary. To determine quench curves for this special application would
be much more work.

Good luck!

Franz
Schoenhofer