Re: Radiopharmaceutical patient release

Darryl Kaurin wrote:
> Additional details/assumptions can be found in the reference.
>
> Reference
>
> Kaurin, D.G.L, D.E. Barber, A.L. Carsten, J.W. Baum. "Whole-body Effective
> Half-lives for Radiolabeled Antibodies and Related Issues", NUREG/CR-6374,

I do not have access to that NUREG.  Does it include internal dose to
those around the patient or only the external dose?  When my wife had
theraputic I-131 for her thyroid, I found that each kiss was worth
10,000 dpm intake for me.  I also found I-131 on all of her eating
utensils, the phone after she'd used it, etc. etc.  I don't think I got
much internal dose (and don't care anyway), but it is intellectually
interesting to know about how much one might get.  Al Tschaeche
xatA@inel.gov