Re: Speakers Bureau

At 01:25 PM 2/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Thank you for your response to my posting on Radsafe for the Speakers
>Bureau.  I have received approval to go ahead with this project, so now I am
>looking for details.  If you would complete the form and return it to me, I
>will include you in the listing.  Bruce Busby has offered to put the
>information on a map on his home page.  From what I saw it is going to look
>great.  The same form will be in the HPS "Newsletter" soon but only send me
>one.  I think this will be a great help for teachers, public and the media.
>Thank you.
>Health Physics Society
>Speakers Bureau
>Form
>
>Name___Andrew Karam

>Presentation Subjects:

LLRW, NORM, General HP info, environmental HP, basic biological effects

>Presentation Locations:

Anywhere in central or southern Ohio

>Presenter Background:

8 years Naval Nuclear Power (ELT), 1.5 yrs at Ohio Department of Health with
contaminated and DOE sites, 2.5 years with consulting firm (remediation, DOE
technical assistance, misc other projects), 2.5 years at Ohio State
University (LLRW, inst. cal, etc.), B.A. geology, M.S. geology (in
progress), misc. consulting projects (procedure writing and review, expert
witness, licensing assistance), CHP

>I am  willing to donate my time to promote public education and the views of
>the Health Physics Society .   When I do not follow the Position  Statements
>or views of the HPS I will so note in my presentation .  Position Statements
>are listed in the "Radiation Protection Professional's Directory & Handbook"
>
>Signature:  Andrew Karam (not signed in ink due to e-mail)
>Date:  2/13/97
>
>Return to:  Douglas Gossen, 1290 North Avenue, Clevaland, WI 53015
>
>The purpose of the speakers bureau is to provide facts to the public through
>presentations to community groups, schools,  and serve as a  resource for
>the media.   The purpose is not to be crusaders for nuclear power, nuclear
>medicine and so forth but to inform the public about the facts related to
>such areas. The list of presenters  will be distributed by the HPS and
>through the internet.
>Douglas Gossen
>Health Physics Dept.
>Lakeshore Technical College
>dogo@ltc.tec.wi.us

Andrew Karam, CHP (karam.1@osu.edu)
Office of Radiation Safety
The Ohio State University
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212

Phone: (614) 292-1284   Fax: (614) 292-6404	Alt fax:   292-7002