Re: textbook correct?

At 04:45 PM 2/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
I get
>the feeling that such x-rays are of low dose, and low doses have no
>harmful effects.

>David F. Gilmore
>Assistant Professor of Environmental Biology    0  0
>P.O. Box 599, Dept. of Biological Sciences       __    "have a day"
>Arkansas State University
>State University, AR 72467
>dgilmore@navajo.astate.edu
>ph  501-972-3082    fax 501-972-2638

The low-level radiation controversy -- How do we know whom to trust

"There is still considerable uncertainly about the effects of exposure to
radiation at low dose and dose rate. This is because effects, if they exist
at all, are masked by the "normal" occurrence of disorders	which may or may
not be due to radiation exposure. To make a statistically valid study of the
effects of radiation on man at the dose levels which are of interest
requires the observation of a population of millions, over several
generations. Any such analysis is complicated by the fact that it is not
possible to isolate a "control"  population who is not exposed to radiation..."

The above is part of the IAEA -- brochure "facts about low-level radiation."
Please ask copy to the International Atomic Energy Agency. Division of
Public Information e mail <iaeo@iaea1.iaea.or.at>
The document will help you to  make your only conclusions and do not make
your students crazy

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Consultant, Raadiation Safety & Regulation
for developing country