Re: Anomalous 1/2Value Measure

Frankly that HVL doesn't sound high at all IFF this is a diagnostic tube in
a typical diagnostic housing - as I suspect it is.  I have seen 3 phase
machine with HVL's over 7 mm!  OF course this was mainly added filtration.
The other high HVL's I've seen in diagnostic tubes is old tubes where the
tungsten has plated out onto the port.

Anyhow - to answer your question - Yes - high frequency is usually closer
to DC than 3 phase thus YES it will have a higher HVL.

The higher the current and the shorter the cables (less capacitance) the
greater the difference.

Also too - it matters if the 3 phase is "6 pulse" rectified (delta or wye)
ro "12 pulse" rectified (delta delta-wye).