Re: Queries

> Date:          Wed, 19 Feb 97 15:03:47 -0600
> From:          "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@ix.netcom.com>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Queries

> > Here's a case of where radiation phobia literally killed someone.
>
> This as another example why I am all for NOT limiting medical
> malpractice law suit awards. This decision, if true and there
> are no other factors included, based on what was presented in the
> Radsafe post, is totally irresponsible.>

	Maybe not.  I personally had a reason to get involved
	when my son was born and the delivering  Physician
	took a pelvic x-ray to help decide if a Caesarian was
	necessary, He intimated  that he felt loath to expose
	the foetus to this radiation, but felt the trade-off  was
	still  in the best interest.

	I subsequently talked with some people who were
	experts in the area, and found out that exposure near
	term is not different from early childhood exposure.

	The fault lies  not with the physician, but with the
	education process, for not giving physicians tools to
	enable them to make logical decisions.

	(Definitely my opinion.....standard disclaimer.

Frank R. Borger - Physicist - Center for Radiation Therapy
net: Frank@rover.uchicago.edu   ph: 312-791-8075 fa: 791-3697

"Those who are willing to trade too much of their freedom
for security, will end up with neither freedom nor security."
- Benjamin Franklin