Re: Queries: ROOT CAUSE

It's sad, but its why NCRP/BEIR support the LNT: for $100s billions to "clean
up" to a few mr and to maintain bureaucratic regulatory programs to trivial
doses; this requires maintaining such public fear by misrepresenting the data.
It's a given that some "who should know better" are taken in; but of course
NCRP is "blameless", though in the private sector liability for such
contributions to less damage are standard. An "Admiral" in the US Public
Health Service said: "I know that radiation is hazardous down to zero dose, I
was taught that at the Harvard School of Public Health." (in the context of
'don't confuse me with the facts' :-)

> > .............. I think it is very sad that the public, also including those
> > involved in this instance, did not have the general knowledge that a
> >small dose is nothing to be concerned about. You see the situation as it
> >is; I ask why doesn't the public have the necessary awareness, and what
> >has to be done to change that.
>
> Totally agree. I rasied this question in my post regarding potential
> lack of training for RTs and other radiation workers who work in
> medical facilities, who question their safety after receiving a dose
> of  >10 mrem. If those who supposedly do receive training are
> skeptical, how can we expect that the public will understand?

> Sandy Perle

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com