Re: TMI and Lung Cancer

<<Radio sataion KNX (AM 1070 in Los Angeles) has a story this morning
(2/24/97)
reporting on a study that claims to show excess lung cancer deaths
attributable to the "Cloud of high radiation" released from the accident at
3-Mile Island.  Anybody have any details on this one? >>

<< I have no info but many of us would be acutely interested in learning
      more about this so-called study.  Perhaps a phone call to the radio
      station might elicit a source. >>

I have no data, but the L.A. Times reports:

"The study by researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel hill,
was published in Environmental Health Perspectives, the journal of the
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences."

Barbara L. Hamrick
Los Angeles County Radiation Management
BLHamrick@aol.com