RE: Dental X-rays

As it happens, I am assisting a radiologist & dentist in a project
assessing dose from head CTs as compared to extra-oral or panoramic
x-rays.  They have been using head CTs instead of the panoramic in
implant treatment planning due to superior imaging and ability to
make better measurements from the images.  The entrance skin exposure
as measured by a TLD chip for a panoramic x-ray on our unit and my
head was reported as 40 on one side and 50 mrem on the other.

Anyway, I would be interested in info on dental exposures should you not
feel that the group as a whole would be interested.  Oh BTW our unit
is less than a year old.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov