RSO TRAINING COURSE--REED COLLEGE

     I am considering sending one of our two radiation safety technicians to
the 40 hour Radiation Safety Officers--Practical Applications training class
at Reed College in April.  He has a B.S. in biology and on-the-job training
during a couple of years of H.P. technician experience, but has not taken
much formal training beyond what we give to all radioisotope users.

     The Reed College course looks good on paper, with several laboratory
sessions, and is in a lower cost area (for us) compared to many courses
given in the east.  However, I would like to get information on how previous
students in this course would rate it--both pro and con.  You can send
comments to my e-mail address at fegallag@uci.edu.  Please do not use
"reply" and send the information to the entire list.

Thanks in advance.

Frank E. Gallagher, III, CHP
Manager, Radiation Protection,
  and Radiation Safety Officer   |   University of California, Irvine
E-mail: fegallag@uci.edu         |   Environmental Health and Safety
Phone:  (714) 824-6904           |   300 University Tower
Fax:    (714) 824-8539           |   Irvine, CA   92697-2725