Re: Degree Programs

>...........  Of course, there are
> also a lot of "diploma mills" out there that offer nothing more than a
> piece of paper for your money, but let's not condemn all nontraditional
> learning methods on the basis of several bad examples.

The diploma only signifies that the individual graduated form a
"program." The purpose of an effective interviewing process is to
validate the credentials and other items listed on an application. It
is the interviewer's responsibility to be knowlegeable enough to
discertain whether or not the candidate meets the specific job
qualifications. I applaud any individual who pursues their
educational requirements from any source. I agree, let's not condemn
all nontraditional learning methods.

Has anyone really looked at all of the grades listed on a candidate's
resume if the transcript is sought? How does one equate a C, say from
a well-known school and a B+ from one of the nontraditional schools?
I say from the personal interaction with the candidate, where the
person has to stand on their own two feet, and demonstrate
competency.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -