Decommissioning Handbook

Hi, Radsafers:

In repsonse to the inquiry about the decommissioning handbook, let me
suggest that you all check out the new manual for decommissioning and site
release, called MARSIMM (Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site
Investigation Manual), just released in draft form for public comment.  It
is the first significant joint effort that I am aware of from the DOT, DOE,
NRC and EPA to provide joint guidelines and criteria for us to use.

I haven't had time to dig in much yet, but it looks to be comprehensive and
decently organized, which is already a step forward on a topic that has
placed all of us great duress in recent years.

I will be interested to hear what others think of it.  You can get one by
sending a request for this manual to one of the following locations.

The NRC Public Document Room
2120 L Street, N.S., Lower Level
Washington, DC 20555-0001

The Superintendent of Documents
U.S. Government Printing Office
P.O. BOx 37082
Washington, DC  20402-9328

The National Technical Information Service
Springfiled, VA  22161-0002

They also have a web page with this doc on it at :
http://www.epa.gov/radiation/cleanup/BBS_tbl.htm#marssim

Regards to all,

Kristin

Kristin Erickson, Radiation Safety Officer
Office of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Safety
C124 Research Complex-Engineering
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan 48824

517 355-5008                            Fax 517 353-4871
10525kfb@msu.edu			http://www.orcbs.msu.edu

These are my own opinions and not those of my employer.