Electronic Dosimetry

     Fellow RadSafers:

     following response:

     We use the Siemens EPD for controlling our site dose.  We process TLDs
     quarterly for record dose. We have approximately 2 years worth of
     operating experience with the Siemens EPD and are moving in the
     direction of using the EPD as a record dosimeter.  The EPD has passed
     "mock" NVLAP Proficiency testing in all categories with the exception
     of 3A shallow and Neutrons.  Overall, the EPD performed as well as the
     TLD (Panasonic UD-802) in some cases, better than the TLD.  Our
     TLD/EPD ratio has been trended since the 3rd quarter of 1995 and has
     run between 0.90 and 0.9997 (one being absolute perfect).  I will also
     add that the above ratio is obtained from the EPD when it comes from
     the factory.  We do not compensate, in any way, the EPD to read like
     the TLD.  If anyone would like further information, please contact me
     at (410) 495-4773 or werner.k.paulhardt@bge.com.

     Sincerely,

     Werner K. Paulhardt
     Supervisor-Dosimetry