Microwave Heaters

   1 problem not mentioned so far that seems obvious to me is the old basic
physics "problem" of the energy density at a given distance varying with the
square of the distance, or doesn't this principle apply here?

   Say you had a large (20' x 20'?) room with a microwave heater mounted on the
ceiling calibrated to provide a comfortable level of microwave energy to all the
sitting positions in the room. If someone were to stand immediately under the
heater for a significant amount of time, I would imagine they would get quite a
burn on the top of their head.

   Maybe you could solve that problem with computer controlled masers instead.
Then you could have a security program that would detect unauthorized intruders
and fry 'em on the spot!

   The above is just the ramblings of a frustrated engineer :-)

   mike.ashland@gsbsc.gensig.com