Re: Exempted sources

Jean:  The closest single document that I know of that may be of help to
you is U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-1775, Oct 1980, compiled
for the NRC by Science Applications, Inc..  This document can be purchased
from the National Technical Information Center (NTIS), Springfield, VA
22161.  The title of the document is "Environmental Assessment of Consumer
Products Containing Radioactive Material."  REGARDS  David

David W. Lee, Los Alamos National Laboratory, ESH-12, PO Box 1663, MS K483,
Los Alamos, NM  87545  (505) 667-8085; (505) 667-9726 (FAX);
lee_david_w@lanl.gov

At 10:03 AM 11-03-97 -0600, you wrote:
>Radsafers,
>
>I am looking for a reference document that would give an exhaustive list of
>exempted products (smoke detectors, laboratory products, gas mantles,
>thoriated tungsten filaments ...), their caracteristics (activity, mass
>activity ...) and possibly a consequence analysis of the use, storage and
>disposal of such products.
>
>Is anybody aware of such a document or something anyway near that would
>provide some useful information regarding the above mentioned products ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Best regards,
>
>JM
>Jean-Michel MURE