Re: NRC License Amendment (RSO Change)

Tad Blanchard wrote:

> For those of you with NRC broadscope licenses...
>
>     How much time does the Radiation Safety Committee have to designate a
> "new" RSO via license amendment, if the old RSO leaves the facility without
> warning?

Although this will not help your current situation, you may want to consider
appointing a qualified alternate RSO in your license amendment for the new
RSO. That way in case of an extended abscence, or an unexpected loss of the
RSO in your case, this person can act as the RSO until the primary one
returns, or as interim until another primary can be hired. I have been that
alternate RSO at our hospital (Broadscope License) for both temporary and
permanent abscences.

 . . . not necessarily the opinion of my employer, but surely mine.
Rick Waffird                  *   * * *
Health Physicist                *       *
Tripler Army Medical Center   *   * * *
Honolulu, HI