REMP Fish Samples

Howdy.  This is for power reactor types.  Our Prairie Island plant folks
have trouble in obtaining semi-annual Rad. Environmental Monitoring
Program fish samples on the Mississippi River due to ice, high water
during spring, and availability of sampling personnel.  Our tech. specs.
and Offsite Dose Calc. Manual allow a 25% window for the s-a sampling
frequency (e.g., Mar 15 to June 15 and Sept. 15 to Dec. 15).  Even with
this we can still have difficulties.

Have any of you changed your tech. specs. or ODCM to allow another
interval for REMP samples (i.e., two times per year, not necessarily six
months apart, or similar arrangement)?

Please respond to:

Travis N. Beard
Corp. H.P.