Re[2]: Japanese Accident

Alex Zapantis wrote:

> Don't be too quick to "call the kettle black." I have seen equally misleading
> quotes from the nuclear industry. My favourite relates to "minor radioactive
> aerosols and effluents" released from power reactors. I agree that the impact of
> these releases on the environment and on human health is minor, even negligible,
> but I would not call these releases "minor" due to the activities involved!
>
> Just my probably misinformed opinion!

No; it seems to agree completely with the "informed" media opinion:  A
radiation hiccup is *major* because it happens at a nuclear plant (while an
event that is 1000's of times more detrimental to human health is of NO
interest - like a truck backfire in a city!  or like drilling a water well and
creating a *continuous discharge* of actual, deadly, radioactivity - right
into peoples *homes*!?  :-)

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com