Subject: Re: Japanese Accident
From:    radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at mgdestmx01
Date:    11/3/97  7:29 PM

>  A small amount of radiation were released into the
>environment, he said.

NO, it wasn't.  A small amount of radioactivity, maybe.  Or did they mean
that a few alpha particles and six or seven gamma rays escaped into the woods?

Alex Zapantis
Environmental Radiation Officer
Office of the Supervising Scientist
40 Blackall Street
Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA

Email: azapantis@dest.gov.au
Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519
Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642

The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
         Federal Environment Protection Group