Salivary Gland Cancer Treatment

Hi Radsafers,

My neighbor, age 61, has salivary (parotid) gland cancer since last
summer.  He has had surgery and then radiation therapy and now has
started chemotherapy (cis-platinum and 5-flurouracil).  He is reacting
badly to the chemo and his dosage has been cut to half. He is not doing
well ... the cancer has recurred three times.

I read about the possibility of neutron radiation therapy for salivary
gland cancer. Anyone know anything about this?

Does anyone have any recommendations for therapy I can pass along to my
neighbor?

Thanks in advance, Wes (NJ)
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.