Residual Plutonium Measurement

Suppose I have a glovebox full of Pu238, 39, 40, etc., Am241, Np, etc.  The
box has no equipment, sharp corners, or crevices that act as material hiding
places.  Suppose that I now pour out the actinides and decontaminate the
glovebox with best available methods, or as little as required.

QUESTION 1:  What technology can I use to measure the number of grams and
Curies of Pu, Am, etc. left in the box to satisfy DOT requirements?

QUESTION 2:  Have you done this kind of measurement and are you an expert in
the field?

I am not interested in developing technology on this one (maybe some other
time, thanks, but I am in a hurry).  I am interested in a known, reliable,
working solution.

David Yeamans,  Waste Projects Manager
CST-7, MS E516, (505) 665-8832 or (505)667-5397, pager 104-7618
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544