Re: Nuclear Powered aircraft

----------
> De : baumbaug@nosc.mil
> A : Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Objet : Re: Nuclear Powered aircraft
> Date : jeudi 20 mars 1997 17:37
>

>         Group,
>
>         I'm sorry if I'm bringing up a subject that has already been
>        ing so big, hot, noisy, and radioactive could go undetected for
long.
> The Navy, which has originally expressed an interest in firing the
missile
> from ships or submarines also began to back away from the project, as had
> the Air Force which had already begun deploying ballistic missiles like
> Atlas and Titan.
>
>         Hope I wasn't too newsy,
>
> Joel T. Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
> Naval Research and Development (NRaD)
> San Diego, CA., U.S.A.

I can imagine Nuclear Powered Aircraft pilot's operation list:

 - first: try to drop the [atomic] bombs,
 - second, if not possible, eject then drop the plane,
 - third, keep in mind your survival kit includes a radiation protection
kit.

Rem: post cold war fun, no harm intended.

Henri CASSAGNOU
Directeur adjoint				Deputy director
SPRA					Fr. Army Radiation Protection Board
BP N°1   00480 Armées (fr.)

hcrxp@magic.fr
Intervient à titre personnel